1. Consider all factors when deciding your heights. Rather than relying solely on visualization, combine your visual thoughts with numbers by literally measuring your existing bed and/or measuring for the heights we offer. With the data that you've gathered, you'll have peace of mind that you've ordered correctly.
2. The Saatva 14.5" and 11.5" mattresses were designed to feel identical in each of the comfort classifications. The same applies for our 8.75" and 4.75" foundations.
3. When determining your bed height, please account for the height of your 'metal frame' or 'bed frame' that the foundation and mattress will rest on. (Note, Saatva metal frames are 7.5" off the floor.)
5. If you have a headboard and/or footboard, please be sure that you are happy with the amount of surface exposed on the headboard and/or footboard based on the mattress and/or foundation heights you have chosen.
6. If you already have a bed skirt that you plan on continuing to use, please make sure to measure from the floor to the top of the foundation to determine the size you will need. The most common bed skirts are approximately 14" to 15" high, which would be fine with a 7.5" metal frame and a standard 8" foundation.
7. When considering the total height of the bed, please keep in mind aesthetic features such as the height of end tables and/or windowsills in the room.