Labor Day is fast approaching, which means it’s time to squeeze out every drop of summer fun. Beyond being a huge beach weekend, Labor Day is also a popular time to shop. As with other national holidays like Memorial Day and the Fourth of July, you can expect to see sales on a lot of different items—including mattresses. But is Labor Day really the best time to buy a mattress? Here’s what you need to know about 2019 Labor Day mattress sales.
2019 Labor Day mattress sales: What you need to know
You might think you’re getting a steal during a Labor Day mattress sale, but that’s not necessarily the case. Here are three reasons you should think twice before buying a mattress during a Labor Day sale.
- Labor Day mattress sales aren’t always what they seem. The deep discounts you see on Labor Day (and other popular mattress sale days, like Black Friday) are often an indication that a product was being sold at an inflated price. According to Consumer Reports, many mattress stores (particularly the national chains) mark up their products so high that they’re able to lower prices by 50% or more during sales. What’s more, mattress models are often called different names in different stores, so sometimes it can be impossible to comparison shop and know whether you’re getting a good deal for your money.
- You’re paying for more than just the mattress. Mattress stores have a wide range of costs they have to cover, including rent, sales commissions, and inventory fees. Even with a steep discount on Labor Day, those are all worked into the price of mattresses sold in stores.
- You don’t get a ton of time to try the mattress before buying. You shouldn’t feel pressured into buying a mattress, but that’s often what happens during super sale weekends, like those on Labor Day. Lying on a mattress in the middle of a crowded store for a few minutes while a salesperson hovers and tries to close a deal is not the best way to choose the bed you’ll be sleeping on for the next 10 (or more) years.
What Saatva offers on Labor Day
Saatva doesn’t have sales on Labor Day—or any other big shopping holiday, for that matter. Instead of running occasional discounts that distort the true value of our mattresses, we offer consistently low prices year-round. We’re able to do that by selling direct to you online, cutting out retail store overhead. From the beginning, we’ve pledged to always be transparent in our pricing. That way you never have to wonder if you’re getting the best deal on our products.
Here’s what you get from Saatva on Labor Day—and every day:
- Free white glove delivery and setup nationwide
- 120-night home trial
- 24/7 customer support
- Industry-leading warranty
The bottom line: Don’t be pressured into buying a new mattress at a store this Labor Day weekend. With Saatva, you get the chance to try a mattress in the comfort of your own home for 120 nights before deciding whether or not it’s right for you. If it’s not, we’ll come get the mattress and give you a full refund, minus a $99 transportation fee to cover our costs for the pickup. We value your satisfaction above everything else.
Shop Saatva This Labor Day Weekend
Our flagship luxury mattress is expertly engineered with coil-on-coil construction for durability, a layer of memory foam for enhanced back support, and a cushiony Euro pillow top for extra comfort.
Loom & Leaf Memory Foam
Premium memory foam, handcrafted in the U.S. with eco-friendly materials. Breathable organic cotton, cooling spinal gel, and layers of high-density support foam assure a cool, comfortable night’s sleep.
Zenhaven Latex Mattress
100% Talalay latex responds to every curve for pressure-free support and responsive comfort. Talalay latex is supple, resilient, and durable, for the ultimate in elevated sleep. (It’s naturally hypoallergenic too.)
Labor Day mattress shopping tips
We’ve put together this handy list of articles that can help you get the most for your money if you’re interested in buying a new mattress over Labor Day weekend.